Health officials in New Mexico in the United States say three people have died and another permanently blind after drinking hand sanitizer.
Another 3 are in critical condition and all seven persons are believed to have drank hand sanitizer containing alcohol
The State Health Secretary,Kathy Kunkel said drinking hand sanitizer is dangerous to health.
ln a statement She said”An antidote to methanol poisoning is available, but the earlier someone gets treated the better the chance of recovery
Reports further said that some people take the hand saniters to get intoxicated due to its alcohol contents , however Health experts have warned that methanol can be toxic when ingested or absorbed through the skin and could cause a number of health challenges including seizures,coma, headache, permanent blindness,nausea, vomiting and also cause permanent damage to the nervous system or death.