current matters

The Police Command in Oyo State has alleged that a personal assistant to a member of former Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu’s family, conspired with the abductors of the ex-minister’s sister and her twin sons.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Olayinka Ayanlade, disclosed this during an interview on Channels Television on Monday .
Bandits had on June 3 abducted Mrs Olaide Busayo Adegoke John-Paul and her 12-year-old twin sons, Peter and Paul, along Elewura, Ring Road, Ibadan, while she was taking them to school.
They were later rescued during what the Force headquarters called a joint intelligence operation coordinated by the Commissioner of Police Oyo State Command that led to the killing of two suspected kidnappers and the arrest of some accomplices.
Ayanlade said one of the suspects, had been on the command’s watch list before his arrest.
“Of course, one of the perpetrators by name popularly called Ololu has been on the command watch list. The operatives continued to trail him until his eventual arrest on Thursday,” he said.
He added that after Ololu’s arrest and interrogation, another suspect, identified as Dare and popularly called Solution, was arrested in Ibadan.
The police spokesman alleged that the kidnap plot began in May when one of the suspects approached a personal assistant linked to the family for information.
He identified the aide as Shehu.
“The one who was with the family, who happened to be a personal assistant by name Shehu, was one of those who were picked.
“He was the one that was first approached by Daddy to give them inside information of how the family lives, their lifestyle, their routine, and all of that.”Ayanlade said.
He said the suspects had profiled the victims’ movements and initially planned to abduct the mother of the family.but later changed their plan after discovering that a driver usually took the children to school.
“Our initial plan was to kidnap the mother. However, they realised that it was the driver who usually takes them to school, and they changed their plan to go for the kids.
“Unfortunately for them, that day it was the mother who drove them to school, and they swung into action.” Ayanlade said.
According to him, the victims were traced to a hideout at Ayegbule in Ibadan on June 6 around 7:30 pm.
The police spokesman said one of the gang members, identified as Kelechi, who allegedly travelled from Lagos to participate in the operation, opened fire on police operatives.
He added that the operatives returned fire and neutralised him and another suspect who allegedly provided cover fire.
“They opened fire on the operatives, and then the operatives professionally and with tactical precision neutralised him and the second, who was also there to give a covering fire for him,” he said.
He said that weapons were recovered, while the victims were rescued unharmed.
He said the suspects are in custody and investigation.
is still ongoing.
Speaking further Ayanlade said, “Whosoever is sponsoring them, whosoever is responsible, whatsoever connections they have, whosoever is involved in this, they all will be arrested, and they will face the full wrath of the law,”
Share this:
- Share on X (Opens in new window) X
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
- Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
- Share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) Pinterest
- Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
- Share on Tumblr (Opens in new window) Tumblr
- Share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window) LinkedIn
- Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit