A 24 year old boy identified as Emma Agwa was allegedly electocutef while playing ball with his friends. In Onitsha.
The incident was said to have occurred at Court Road,Obianwu street Junction, Onitsha North Local Government Area of Anambra State.
Report has it that the deceased who hailed from Nkanu in Enugu State,but lived with his mother in Onitsha after his father’s death,went to pick the ball that went off the playing ground into a gutter when the incident occurred
Eyewitness said that it was in the process of collecting the ball that he touched an iron bar used for flower bed, that Enugu Electricity Distribution Company, EEDC live cable fell upon.”and he was instantly electrocuted”
” We then used a dried wood to remove the body from the iron bar to avoid being electocutef also.”
“The source said the EEDC had on the previous day,cut off electric cables of some debtor houses and took away the cut off cables,”but in this case,they only cut off the cable from the house but did not cut of from the electric pole and the cable fell on top of the flower bed iron bar near the gutter and the boy leaned on it in a bid to pick the ball and became stone dead instantly.”
” Few minutes after he was electocutef,EEDC officials stormed the area and removed the wire but it was medicine after death “he said
The corpse has reportedly been taken to his home town Nkanu for burial.